o Yes, I feel that I have changed in many ways. I have learned that I am able to successfully live independently in an unfamiliar environment. Also, I have opened myself up to a variety of cultures and ideas, which I have grown to respect and love.
· What self-discovery surprised you?
o The self-discovery of independence surprised me the most because I honestly did not suspect the ability to flourish on my own prior to the trip abroad.
· If you took courses in your major; how has studying abroad impacted your understanding of your major?
o I did not take courses in my major, but learning the language of the country I was in and also a comparative philosophy course was very beneficial to me.
· Single greatest benefit of studying abroad?
o The single greatest benefit of studying abroad is to see the world and broaden my experiences.
· How did your life goals change?
o I have realized that I must focus more on what is important to me and that is helping those in need, which influenced me to start my own non-profit organization while I was still abroad.
· What was your favorite experience?
o My favorite experience is when I was able to shadow with a proficient Chinese acupuncturist. I was allowed to remove the needles and suction cups from the patients’ bodies.
· Any advice for future participants?
o Travel with an open mind and an open stomach!
· Would you study abroad again? Why?
o Yes, because it is the most enriching experience. It also is a perfect time to travel and study abroad especially with the helpful assistance of the Center for Global Learning and the Study Abroad programs.